- 600g local baby soft-shelled turtle
- 20g each of radix dioscorea, root of straight ladybell and drug solomonseal
- 12g each of fruit of Chinese wolfberry, pilose asiabell and root of milk vetch
- 40g each of dried pearl barley and gordon euryale
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Clean the soft-shelled turtle thoroughly, rinse off all the blood, then blanch.
- Wash all the herbs, then soak them with 12 bowls of water for half an hour.
- Bring the herbs with the water to a boil, then turn the heat down, remove the foams on top. Cover and cook over low heat for half an hour, then add the soft-shelled turtle, let it boil for 5 minutes, then remove the foams on top and cook for another hour. Season with salt and pepper before serving.