With Preserved Lemon, Chilli and Sesame
Serves for 4
- Water 500ml
- Dried shiitake mushrooms 2
- Dried bonito flakes 15g
- Heat the water and the shiitake mushrooms together in a small saucepan.
- Just before the water boils add the bonito flakes and turn off the heat.
- Leave the stock until the flakes sink to the bottom of the pan, then strain.
- Shelled edamame beans, defrosted 1 cup
- Red chilli, seeded and chopped 1
- Sesame oil 1 tsp
- Mussel stock 2 tbsp
- Lemon, zest, grated using a microplane 1
- Puree the edamame beans with a couple of tablespoons of the mussel stock until smooth, with the chilli and sesame oil.
- When the custards are cooked, garnish with the edamame puree, a pinch of the grated lemon zest and serve immediately.
- Racks of lamb 2
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Set the oven to 180˚C.
- Heat a frying pan and pour in a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Place the lamb racks in and cook until golden brown.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, rest for 5 minutes then slice into thick chops.
- Serve with the puree and the dashi stock.
source from: New Zealand Trade and Enterprise.