Dressing: Spring Onions, Cucumber and Sesame Oil Dressing
Enough for 6
- Garlic, finely chopped 1 clove
- Long red chilli, seeded and chopped 1
- Ginger, peeled and finely chopped 1 (3cm)
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Light soy sauce 150ml
- Mirin 2 tbsp
- Rice wine vinegar 1 tbsp
- Combine all the ingredients together in a small bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
Tuatua / Clams
- Large Tuatua, closed 12
- Mirin 80ml
- White sugar 1 tsp
- Small cucumber 1
- Spring onions, finely sliced 6
- Toasted sesame oil 1 1/2 tsp
- Shuck the tuatua open, discarding the empty half. Reserve the tuatua in the other half, and place into a steamer basket.
- Combine the mirin with the sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Moisten each tuatua with a little of the mix and steam for 2 minutes, transferring the cooked tuatua into the refrigerator.
- Peel the cucumber into long stripes and cut into a fine julienne.
Source : New Zealand Trade and Enterprise.