- flank beef 2 lb
- turnips 1.4 lb.
- star aniseeds 2 pcs
- chu-hau paste 2 tbsp.
- chopped garlic 1 tablespoon
- chopped ginger 1 tablespoon
- sugar 1 tsp.
- dark soy sauce a dash
- starch 1 tsp.
water 3 tbsp.
- Wash the turnips, skin and cut into large pieces.
- Wash the flank beef clean and scald in boiling water for 10 minutes, cut into large pieces. Mix 1 tablespoons dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp. wine and 1 tsp. sesame oil with the flank beef.
- Heat oil, put the flank beef in the wok and add chopped garlic, chopped ginger and 2 tbsp. chu-hau paste in to stir-fry.
- Bring to boil and turn to med-low heat. Add star aniseeds and water (cover the flank beef) to cook the flank beef for 2 hours until it becomes tender.
- Add turnip, cook for 10 minutes, stir the Seasonings in and served.